The Museum of St Albans (MOSTA) project was the redevelopment of the museum and the surrounding site into high end housing on behalf of St Albans Town Council. The project was a prestigious development for all involved due to the high level finishes required throughout.
The main works comprised of
- Bulk Earthworks involving the reduced level excavation with over 4,000m3 of excavated materials disposed offsite.
- Partial Demolition of the existing structure along with complex façade retention installation to support the listed front of the museum.
- Drainage and Services including street lighting to car park area along with construction of new car park with spaces for 30 No. vehicles.
- Works carried out adjacent to local school and busy city road. All works managed to the satisfaction of the town council.
- On site attenuation tanks for the permeable paving.
- New building construction with reinforcement concrete foundations.
- Hardlandscaping a mix of permeable paving, resin bound paving and decorative paving.