The Northern Highways Depot was a new facility development for The Highways Agency for Sandy, Bedfordshire.
The Project was a green field site requiring a new access road to the main depot area.
The main road works comprised of
- Bulk Earthworks involving the reduced level excavation across the site with over 15,000m3 of excavated materials disposed offsite.
- The main access road was constructed to the Highways Agency DMRB with each stage inspected and passed by the relevant bodies.
- Drainage and Services including street lighting
- Access pedestrian footpaths and crossings
The main depot works comprised of
- 6,000m2 of Reinforced Concrete Slabs for HGV access, loading and unloading during the servicing of the surrounding roads and motorways.
- 7,000m2 of SUDS Designed permeable car parking area which controlled the water run off to the surrounding high level flood plain.
- Substructures for Offices and Maintenance Buildings
- Drainage and Service that included large attenuation tanks, petrol interceptors, flood balancing tanks.