Gobion Construction Ltd was awarded the Solent Container Yard Extension as Principle Contractor for the client DP World.
The Project was a key project for the London Gateway Port to facilitate the expansion of the Solent Container Works. The project also entailed detailed sequencing to ensure access and the daily operations of the port were not hindered during the works.
The design for the project comprised of a port capacity Block Paving on a structural Type 1 bed with onsite proven testing and quality control for each layer and stage of works.
The main works comprised of
- Bulk Earthworks to remove the surcharged materials totalling over 50,000m3 of dredged sand material.
- Formation preparation to the design requirements including the treatment of surcharge soft spots throughout.
- Import and placement of over 15,000m3 of MOT Type 1 including details lab sampling and analysis along with onsite rigorous testing to provide a robust design compliant build.
- Storm and Foul Drainage for the entire site that includes attenuation tanks, petrol interceptors, penstock chambers along with port loading compliant Gatic Drains.
- High Tower Lighting Masts to provide lighting designed to cater for 13,000m2 area. Along with all associated electrical infrastructure.
- Sheet Piles retaining walls to adjacent high level areas.
- Interlocking Hard landscaping laid on Bitumen Subbase Sealant proof roller to 40T.